View Single Post
      07-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #8
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

I have a combination of Ventureshield and Prestige on my car. On my previous cars, I've used 3M Scotchgard and Xpel.

In terms of appearance, Prestige Clear Guard is the best in terms of looking like nothing is on the car. The film is good for installers to stretch and custom mold to the car. Durability is similar to Ventureshield but seems more resistant to scratches. Prestige is made and imported from Japan.

Durability, 3M and Xpel's self healing is the best. 3M unfortunately looks very ugly and has a orange peel texture and leaves stretch marks when stretched a lot.

Ventureshield is the most popular.. kinda between the 3M and Prestige for appearance and durability is somewhere between as well. Ventureshield is easy to stain from bird droppings and insect guts. It also doesn't have the healing features of 3M and Xpel. But Ventureshield is easier to stretch than 3M (not as stretchable as Prestige) and doesn't leave stretch marks like 3M. The film is also clearer and looks better than 3M (not as clear as Prestige).

Last edited by Z K; 07-22-2013 at 01:29 PM..
Appreciate 0