View Single Post
      08-26-2020, 08:15 AM   #73
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Thanks for this, I complicated my own life trying to remove my after market exhaust because I removed the connecting pipes rather than lowering the whole system at once. (I figured it would be easier to support the weight of it falling if it was just the muffler).

The one mistake I made that wasn't called out here, make sure to remove the 8mm bolts from the bumper THEN the E10 bolts from the rear bracket, I removed the E10 bolts first and then the weight of the muffler wound up all going into the bumper, it seems like it recovered fine but it lookes a little warped and I can't tell if it was like that before.

Also since I was doing this by myself, trying to get the connecting pipes to stay on the front while properly aligning the muffler on the jack was a little tricky - I stuck a tall bag of kitty litter under the front pipes to keep them from dropping while I moved it around. Once I got the jack aligned it made it easy to push it back on without worrying about it falling.