View Single Post
      09-02-2022, 03:55 AM   #1185
JOJO82
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by finbarr.cnaipe View Post
JOJO82 ,

OK...so I have CCC 8.8in screen w/Mr12Volt P2000.

I'm still unclear about your solution and whether or not it integrates with Mr12Volt P2000? The Bimmertech vividscreen uses their MMI in place of Mr12Volt. Is your solution just plug & play and remove the old screen and replace with your sourced part?

While I would love a better screen than stock CCC, the value of MOST P2000 integration is more important. If that were not the case, I would've just gotten an Android kit screen from somebody like AVINUSA years ago...

Are you able to provide installation details on how this integrates with the P2000 and doesn't lose SW integration or MOST?

PS: I've tried looking for this solution on eBay, but have not had any luck finding anything that seems correct. If you have some search terms to try, I'm game to look?

Finny
Yes you are 100% correct, literally take out your factory screen and plug this screen in its place. Mr12volt unit will work exactly the same way it currently is. That is how I had it setup in my car with the mr12volt unit.

The Bimmertech screen can be used without the MMI stuff but I'm pretty sure they sell it as a package and won't sell screen only.

As far as install goes you just need to take out the two connectors from the factory screen and plug them into the replacement screen and flick a few dip switches to match your car.

I haven't posted anything on eBay as the few I had sold real quick down here in Australia, I only have the demo unit left.
Appreciate 0