03-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #84
S65 Underdog
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a functional car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
I was curious that's all, not pointing fingers, will look into doing another drain and fill as I have another 4 litres of fluid left and sending in a sample to blackstone.
Sounds good! I am very tempted to reopen mine after kenwelch's post on the suction filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwelch View Post
I do not have "Blackstone" eyes, but the fluid in your picture looks overheated. Automatic transmission fluid will also change to a dark color with excessive heat. Changing the fluid again would be helpful from just looking at the photo. The Blackstone report could be helpful, but I'm not sure their report will provide data on friction material in the sample. It is good to see that they do check for antifreeze contamination. The DCT fluid and antifreeze share a cooler to assist with the warm-up of the transmission fluid. You picture does not look like antifreeze contamination.

You also might already know this, when "changing" the M-DCT fluid you are only getting about half of total capacity out. While expensive you might want to do another fluid change and include the suction filter. The suction filter is in the bottom of the transmission pan. If someone else changes the fluid/filter have them save the filter for your inspection. You will need to cut the filter open to get a real look at the "trash" that was captured. If you do it would be helpful to others to snap a few more pictures. Thanks for sharing the fluid sample pictures.
Even with removing the pan? I noticed after removal of the pan there was still some on the pan itself when removing it. Where else would there be some? Suction filter? Pressure filter? Anywhere else?
Appreciate 0