03-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #20
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
If you're not trying to attract attention get the Porsche. I just sold my M3 and bought an R8. I've gotten more attention in a matter of days than i got in a full year in the M3. The R8 is a chick magnet, dude magnet, kid magnet, older person magnet... go on r8talk.com and check out the "looks and stares" thread. You're kidding yourself if you think it gets none. Figured id throw in my .02 since i own one. Regarding performace, i have no input bc im not interested in modding it. Either choice im sure you'll love it! Good luck!
I have to agree with Vin. R8 are a lot more rare than P Turbos and they always seem to get my attention. Both are amazing cars from the same family. I have always been a Pcar fanatic and I think performance wise you can juice a lot more out of the P Turbo for less $$ than the R8. I have a buddy with a 996TT with upgraded turbos and tune and it was putting down 750hp+ to the wheels. It was silly fast. I love the P turbos especially the 996- 997.1 with the GT1 based engines. They are bulletproof.

On the other hand, R8s are 10 times sexier and are probably a better drivers car since its a mid engine.
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0