01-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #25
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by disapr View Post
I guess I'm not understanding what you are trying to do.

Those ECS adapters are for the 4 rectangular jack points in-front of the rear wheels and behind the front wheels. This type of adapter can be used on a jack or on top of a jack stand. There is a fifth cylindrical rubber lift point between the front wheels that it sounds like you were referring to but those adapters will not fit it.

I drive up onto my race ramps and use a special adapter that I made to lift the car from the 'front' jack point between the wheels. Then I place my jack stands at the 'lift' points behind the font wheels and use my ECS style adapters. If I'm also lifting the rear then I either use two jacks with adapters on the rear points and secure with jack stands under the rear control arms or I lift the car from the rear frame and rest the two rear lift points on jack stands with adapters.

Using my method I can have all 4 wheels off of the ground safely in just a few minutes.

Good luck with whatever you're trying to do.. Just be sure to not get crushed or slip a lift point and punch a hole in your car!
OK, I misunderstood what that ECS adapter is used for. I thought it was for the central jack point under between the front wheels. What do I need for that?
Appreciate 0