View Single Post
      01-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #302
mig28
Major
Rep
Drives: She's black, wild, 'n hawt!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Lau View Post
lol. I agree. 10mil for an apt in HK is alot, but its nothing if you want a condo or house. HK is so small that the supply of condos and houses are extremely low. it's not even about the money anymore, but the status. Many country clubs in HK such as The (Royal) Hong Kong Jockey Club is not even about being able to pay for the membership fees anymore. You need recommendation letters from some upper class people or nobles to join.

If it only takes USD 10Million to be considered "rich", there are just way too many rich people in HK. I would say USD50M+ is the fine line to differentiate between Mid class and upper class.

An additional interesting fact. the real big shots in HK dont even drive exotic cars, they would rather stay low profile and save money to acquire lands and companies as investment instead of buy cars (the worst investment). You see those fancy Toyota mini vans with curtains (Alphard) on the road, and it's the trend of what rich people ride in these days, and of course they have drivers.

I see many kids in Ferraris and Lambos in San Gabriel Valley too. But as i mentioned before, when a 335i in HK costs more than an M3 in the US. Bentley and Lambo here are only equivelent to a 7 or S in HK, which are everywhere.

totally agree!!
335i is S east asia will get e92 m3
E92 M3 u can get used F430
etc etc etc..tax are higher in S east asia..
Appreciate 0