View Single Post
      03-23-2018, 09:56 PM   #99
Shrike360
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3, 2011 Porsche CTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
I wonder if all the 991 and 997 guys on the P car forums say "my next dream car is the E9X M3". Or do they say "I'm looking to get a DD or beater E9X M3". Hopefully they even know who we are.
I attended one PCA autocross last year in my E92. The car actually got a lot of looks from the Porsche guys, my thought was a lot of those guys probably had one before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
The P-car forums talk about Maclarens, Ferraris, etc as part of their identity. There is little or no discussion about E9x BMWs, even among the track aficionados.

I'll admit, I am not a BMW fan at all. My i8 ownership was too sleep-inducing. My drives in F8x Mx, M5s, and even an M6 GC left me severely wanting. I stuck with E63s, Panameras, etc.

But the S65... there's only one 8600 rpm V8 available out there in pristine condition in the $40k-ish or less.

E46 does do anything for me. Even the E9x chassis is....... meh. But the S65. There aren't other engines out there in a price range that one can beat on the track surrounded by others of questionable skills.
Are you out at PIR this year? I only got one event in last year because I needed to finish up my Master's. I am planning on doing more PCA autocross and start trying track night in America this year.
Appreciate 0