03-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #73
track_warrior
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADY1 View Post
Damn sorry guys not going to make it this Saturday I have to many events going on in Austin. I have a big car show event I have to go to with my model. My son that lives in Houston has a track meet that day at UT in Austin his high school track team made the finals. Now they say it is suppose to rain as well damn the luck. I will get out there sometime thanks for the invite
No problem man, we will see you next month for sure. This will be my first C&R's ill take some pics and post them up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
Wow...pretty full-bore! Very lucky on getting the damage fixed under warranty, too. I know that engine is a "boxer" design similar to Subaru, so it's a shame that this happened to such a new engine.

Notice you have a Boxster as well...I had a '97, one of the first delivered in Austin back then. Great car, just too small for me. Should have kept my '90 944S2 Cabrio.

Yeah toyota of boerne is awesome when it comes to warranty. Its actually a subaru engine with toyota direct injection and valve timing, FA20 is the engine code. The boxster is the wifes but its so fun to drive, i took it to harris hill a couple of times all ready its more enjoyable than the M3 even though the M is faster.

Here are some lap times comparing the cars @ H2R:

M3 STOCK on Hankook v12's: 1:29.9
Boxster-S PDK stock: 1:31.3
FR-S (boltons, full suspension, cage, aero, bbk, slicks): 1:27.1