View Single Post
      07-17-2022, 02:01 AM   #5
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Man, American sports must be bad if F1 seems so good! Paying money to watch that? Hard pass.

I honestly can't think of a sport I'd pay money to watch... However, I'd choose rugby over soccer any day. Or superbikes/Moto GP over car racing. Or something like touring cars etc over F1. Really the bottom line is that the highest paid sports are ruined by the money; it erodes the sport down to just a business, because decisions are made based on financial factors rather than in the interest of the sport itself.

I'm a mountain biker at heart, and we're seeing this problem appear as the sport grows rapidly; tracks are increasingly shaped to produce visual spectacle instead of good, safe (as possible) racing. Racers aren't consulted on many aspects of the events. Less exposure and air time is given to junior riders because the assumption is that the biggest audience will only want to watch the elites. Media rights are extremely limited, and we no longer get privateers and small media outlets producing any of their excellent and varied coverage of races... It became dull to watch as soon as red bull took over, and with discovery taking over from them next year it's set to get worse. Racers are taking matters into their own hands and setting up their own representation to ensure that they are not overlooked when decisions are made. Sad state.
Appreciate 3
sygazelle11425.00
nicholasn261.00