Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP M3 View Post
Guys I am looking into getting back into lapping days and track time. I have plenty of past experience but have been off-track (and with a new car) for several years.

Looking for setup suggestions re: track wheels/ tires for my E92 and possible brake upgrades, etc. (wondering about fade on stock pads / lines). Ran my previous E90 on stock rubber at Calabogie 2 years back and beat up the tires pretty bad without any brake fade issues, but it was my first time there and with a new car I was very cautious

Thanks guys

BTW, really appreciate the knowledge base present within this local M3 crew!
In terms of brake upgrades, I highly recommend getting a set of Pagid RS29 (or RS19) pads and use some good fluid such as Motul RBF600 or Castrol SRF. I was surprised how resilient this setup was, and for casual tracking, this is probably more than enough. Jumping straight into a BBK is not necessary, and you'll be surprised how good the stock callipers/rotors are with new pads/fluid.

As for track wheel setups, it really depends. I started with a staggered setup (265 and 285) because I wanted an understeer bias, but quickly moved to a square (275) setup. The square setup provides loads of grip, but allows you to rotate the car with throttle more easily. As for tires, I used NT05 on the track, it's a cheap reliable tire, and a lot of the guys here use the NT05 with good results. I've also run Michelin PSS for a few track days, and i'm really impressed with them. Their wet traction is ridiculously good, and in the dry, I personally prefer them over the NT05. That being said, the PSS are a fair bit more expensive.

Last edited by sawzall; 08-04-2012 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0