View Single Post
      08-06-2008, 04:40 PM   #27
mightyaa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
my next helmet willbe a HJC. carbon fiber.
I got my very nice Arai full face Snell M rated one through ebay for less than a hundred. Graphics package, removable liners, pads, shield and it's ventilated too... orange wasn't a good seller I guess. It's just fine for SCCA SoloII and Time Trials events. If you have to try it on, and you don't need the snell track helmets & fire suit, surely there is a large motorcycle dealership you could go to. I just measured my head and picked a helmet figuring that for less than a hundred, I could always get another and donate the old one to the club. Most come with various fitting pads as well to help make it work.

I'll be doing my first autocross sunday. SCCA Solo II, class SS... so I'll be facing Elise's and Vettes running sticky tires and vetran drivers. Gonna get monkey stomped with the stock tires, but hopefully learn a thing or two about what the M3 can do. I'll play with tire pressures, and load them with nitrogen (a trick for less heat expansion)... My E90 will look like a whale paddocked around all the Elises. I'll probably start with 35/37 pressures and see where to go from there, and I'll try to leave the EDC on normal with everything else cranked up.
Appreciate 0