02-25-2010, 11:52 PM   #107
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
If other things were done to it (which is entirely possible), then they weren't mentioned in the press release I think.

I'd be surprised if at least the bump stops aren't different - someone with access to the current ETK should be able to confirm the changes pretty easily.
I'm under the assumption that the Edition had the same suspension as the Japanese M3, which also sat 10mm lower than US, European, and Australian M3s. A few forum members did some research last year and found out that the Japanese M3 had different shocks as well as springs, which leads me to believe that the Edition shocks are also different from ours.

By the way, until we see some part numbers, I'm also assuming that the ZCP package is running this same Edition/Japanese suspension setup.

Here's that thread:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226909
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0