View Single Post
      12-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I agree that antennagate was overblown, but I think most of that had to do with how Steve Jobs and Apple reacted, or failed to care, about the situation. Between the "don't hold it that way" (even after holding it exactly that way in their own demos and release) and "oops I guess we've been accidentally artificially inflating signal strength representation for years", they deserved all the negative press they could get IMO. Instead of alienating and annoying competitors, they now focused on alienating their own customer base. GG Apple.

And yes, the other phones do exhibit the same behavior when their antennas encounter a similar situation, but generally not to the degree that happened on the iPhone 4.

But yeah, OP, like quag said, it's the same thing as at launch.
What I find funny is how people reacted who know how Steve and Apple respond to these sort of things. I can understand the average idiot not knowing Steve's personality and how Apple operates, but hilarious seeing fanboys getting pissed. The reaction by Jobs was his classic self. He always does those one liners, etc. A lot of times they do seem harsh like the, " Don't hold it that way" comment. Yet, the fanboys full knowing this is how he is get all pissed off. Guess they were fine with it until it affected their precious Apple device.

I disagree with the 4 being more sensitive then others. Here is a Nexus One video showing an -81 db when untouched and drops to -101 to -103 db when he covers the antenna. The 4 also drops similarly( mine drops by around -20 db).

Appreciate 0