View Single Post
      04-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Powerchip Stage 1 Flash

Unfortunately, I don't have a dyno to back up my claims, but I hope that everyone can bear with me and my unsubstantiated butt-dyno.

Long story short, I ended up getting the Powerchip Stage 1 tune a few weeks ago. Stage 1, because I had a minimal amount of power mods. (BMC Filter, Remus Mufflers, Rogue Engineering Pulley (removed pulley, more on that later)) I thought that it'd be pretty nice, but mostly over-hyped drivel like a good number of products on this forum.

Open mouth insert foot.

The first things that you'd notice are that there are improvements feel-wise. The vehicle seems slightly louder, and there are nice improvements to driveability. The accelerator sensitivity is between the sluggish normal and the trippy sport modes, it feels much better than before. It's also become noticeably easier to get moving from standing starts.

Now for performance. Foot down from a standing start, the car pulls noticeably harder than before. Let off the gas and get back on it again, and the car has no problem pushing on. The low and high range have benefited from the tune, but it really feels nice and meaty in the mid range now, it's an improvement all across the RPM band. Even when the weather got hot in Vegas during Mfest, it didn't skip a beat. It kept up with my retarded attempts at drifting at the Vegas Speedway Autocross, the multi-digit speeds on the drive up through the hot desert, and the multi-digit speeds on the drive back down.

I'm totally pleased with the Powerchip tune, and I'm glad that I did it. It's been great for me for the month that I've had it, and it's also reassuring to know that my friend Amir has run it for a year without any issues.

Just my personal thoughts/opinions, hope it helps some.

Last edited by LateBraking; 04-21-2010 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 0