01-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #9
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jid2 View Post
Nicholas - I should have known you were a Frenchy. I lived in the Cote D'Azure for 2 years. And with your nationality you should be a Catia Guru. I hate Pro/e dead, every time I have to use it I curse in my head (all our legacy projects are in Pro).

If the BMW club would drop the requirement for a tech inspection before each event at a shop I would run with them. But that is too much work. The PCA is annually and I think that works out nicely.

I've built a few more aero parts for the car, a diffuser and a big GT wing - other than that it is the same as last year. Going to run Toyo R888's this year. I need to replace the head gasket to fix a small oil leak and then touch up the tune on the car still. I wanted to build a cage - but we had our 2nd child and it turns out I have no free-time now. maybe next year.

And I put some stickers on the car to promote my little side business that funds the car and track days.

You guys should down to Portland in March. It's a Friday/Saturday with Cascade Sports Car Club. Friday is the drivers school at the local community college, and then Saturday is lapping. Cascade is a good group. And PIR is smooth as butter. Compared to PR it is relaxing and you can really open things up. Last year it rained when I was down there and you had to take it easy. A CTS-V hydroplaned on the front straight and got wrecked.
Nice track toy!

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0