12-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #20
Sleeper519
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class-of-2013 View Post
I think I read somewhere the ZCP springs have different spring rates (stiffer) and aren't simply just lower by .5 inches, contributing to improved cornering behavior. I do know from my old non-ZCP M and this car ZCP car, the Sport EDC is substantially stiffer off the cuff. Feels extremely neutral coming off an off-ramp at relatively high speed (track of course is different).

Thanks for the thoughts though, looking forward to seeing the ZCP suspension in action this March.
I've got an 08 EDC and have never driven a ZCP so can't compare.

But I understood the ZCP springs to be 12mm lower but NOT have a stiffer spring rate. Also, the dampers themselves are NOT any stiffer but ARE progressive in Sport mode, while non-ZCP like mine is linear, and progressive only in Normal and Comfort.

Generally speaking, there will always be a setup that is better than what one is driving now. I say, learn to drive well from good instructors, move up in the run-groups, and drive the snot out of whatever setup you got. OP, enjoy the ZCP for good while, should be fun!

2008 M3 Coupe / DCT // StopTech BBK 380/355 / Pagid RS29 / Motul / Apex Arc-8 / BFG R1S / Ground Control / MS filter / Performance spoiler / BPM tune // Road Atlanta 1:39.70 / VIR Full 2:10.87 / Barber 1:42.20
Appreciate 0