Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchaniar View Post
Would you be able to provide pics (DIY) of how/where you ran the tapped power wire from the front glovebox to the backseat? I have a 2007 335i E93 thinking of purchasing smarttop but first want to make sure I know how to install this thing correctly beforehand.

Also, I would imagine that for instructions 31-33 from the link you provided that you only want to tap the power (pin 3) only and not the other pins for ground and CAN Bus (those those be tapped from instructions 10-12 from the original instructions), can you confirm. I'm also assuming that you used the supplied T-taps to tap the wire from the glovebox and didn't have to purchase any extra accessories except for the 6' power wire.

Thanks.
It would be much easier to take power off the battery directly for SmartTOP rather than route a wire to the glovebox.

FYI: Modules manufactured/sold after Sept 2010 do not require this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr View Post
Just following up, I haven't noticed any problems on my 2011.5, except possibly the trunk comfort access but I can't confirm whether the behavoir is different than before the module was installed.

Basically it takes a couple tugs on the handle and a few seconds for the trunk to unlock and open. Is this normal behavior, or a result of the SmartTop?
SmartTOP has no bearing on existing features, placing the module into bypass mode will verify this if needed.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0