View Single Post
      10-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
mrtm2008
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 Sedan

With my longer cable on hand, I had to cut off one 4-wire plug connector, feed it through the Metal Stud part opening and install a new 4-pin plug:

Slid the new 4-Pin Plug on & made sure it matched the way the one I cut was:

Then Crimped:

Though I trust the crimping tool, I just needed to make sure the cable would still provide power, so I did a quick check:

...OK, it works!

NOTE: BEFORE you proceed to what I did next...you need to slip & clip in the 2 black plastic parts that the Metal Stud ends go through (what are exposed when the leather is back on the headrest! You will see in the upcoming pictures I did not & found myself almost messing everything up!
2 Black parts in RaceMX-M3's picture here:

I proceeded to screw the Flat White Plastic piece back on:

Screwed in the White Plastic End piece:

I had also gone to Home Depot earlier & picked up some clear Silicon:

With the Silicon, I proceeded to put on a lot of silicon to make sure that nothing metal touched the circuit board of the V1 when the V1 was in place...it of course also acted as the glue to keep the V1 in place:

Now do you see why I almost messed everything up

From here I connected the Cable to the V1 & placed it in the Silicon to secure it in place. I didn't take a pic for some reason, but it looked just like what RaceMX-M3 did:

I then had to remove some of the foam of the inside of the top of the headrest to accommodate the new V1 assembly:

I did this by hand, VERY carefully and also had to remove some of the foam from the front of the inside as well (see the square nubs on the bottom of the picture)

Then I carefully placed the V1 Assembly inside the headrest foam:

I inserted the black side button & put the leather cover back on. Stretching the stitches made me a bit nervous, but the end result was great!
08 E90 M3, JrzB/BB, 360 Forged 8 Mesh, H&R Springs, RPI Scoops, Eisenmann Sport Exh, VRS Lip, CF Decklid, CF Diffuser, OSS LED AE, Rear Headrest V1, '09 iDrive Controller, Euro Rear Fog, OEM BlackLine TL, MRTM Design E90 Pedals & Door Lock Studs
Appreciate 0