Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

[QUOTE=Wally1552;26029775]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm3s65 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally1552 View Post
Alright so thanks to Matt @ obsessed garage and a few other YouTube detailers, I have been given the false confidence to attempt my first paint correction on my 11 E90 ZCP Jerez blk.

What I did today
1) strip wash Adam's shampoo
2) iron x car pro chem decon
3) nano autoscrub mech. Decon
4) all trim masked w/ 3M precision tape.

What I will do tomorrow
5) compound with Jescar correcting compound w/meguiars microfiber cutting disc
6) IPA wipe down (a test spot)
7) Sonax perfect finish w/ rupes yellow foam pad
8) either turtle wax ceramic spray or collinite 845 as LSP.

What am I possibly missing? One thing I'm worried about is I dont have an air compressor or brush to blow out pads after use. Any suggestions?

Hey Wally, quick question, on step 5(compounding) that step is only used on scratches and spots that need compounding, correct? you dont compound the whole car, however on step 7 you do, using perfect finish, correct?
I compounded the whole car. Should I have not? I dunno. The car has never been corrected in 9 years. Swirls and scratches every where.
Looks like you had pretty heavy swirling. (Looks great now. Nice work) I think you were probably in good shape to compound the whole car - just know there's only so many times you can do that before damaging paint.

Just keep it swirl free from now on and you'll be good! Get some high quality MF towels, never wipe the car with anything while it's dirty, and if you can, dry the car after washes touchless with a leaf blower or something
Appreciate 0