View Single Post
      07-07-2017, 12:51 PM   #66
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSilk View Post
It's impossible for a temperature sensor mounted in the water pump/thermostat housing to measure oil temperature. There are 2 seperate sensors, one for the engine coolant which triggers a warning lamp and another for oil temperature, which registers on the gauge. While the part numbers may be the same, it's like our engines' coils. The ignition coil for cylinder 1 does not have a different part number than the one for cylinder 2, et.al. They are the same part, just mounted in a different location. I'm not sure exactly where the oil temp sensor is located, but from diagrams it appears to be adjacent to the oil pump.
I challenge you to show part 13621433076 "Temperature sensor water/oil" mounted anywhere on S65/S85 engines where it is measuring oil temp. You won't find it. There is only 1 count of that part and it's on the waterpump thermostat housing not for the oil. As i said above, either the oil level sensor doubles as a temp sensor or there is no oil sensor directly measuring oil temp (unlikely).
Appreciate 0