04-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #85
Fen335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 / X5d / Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchBoy View Post
I like Turn2 as well.

I disagree with your comments about CCA and PCA though. They are great and structured/safe driver education programs and therefore I try to support them.
I agree w/FrenchBoy. The CCA and PCA events are well run events. No one is making any money at those things, (except for folks taking the track rental fees and possibly the liability insurance companies). It's all volunteers and very good people. I can definitely appreciate the frustration for track time however at those events. Turn2 and others (Ridge Racing school last year) were great events to attend as long as you have some experience and can be safe out there (while solo). I got a lot more seat time, which was great!

However, even the PCA had a "run till dusk" event at Pacific last June (to celebrate the first day of summer I think)....I never had so much seat time as I did that day. I literally had to pull myself off the track to take a breather and let the car cool down. I was getting sloppy (tired) and knew it was time to break.
Appreciate 0