View Single Post
      04-20-2018, 05:39 AM   #4
Tony B
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, MW, ZCP, 6MT

Interesting direction to go - I want to go in the opposite one! As much for tyre temperature as pressure (the Comp Pack E92 is apparently very sensitive to over inflation due to tyre heating), and I do like a nice bit of autobahn exploitation whenever I go to the Nurburgring.

As UK spec cars do not have the full TPMS, obviously I would need to get the in-wheel sensors before anything else can work.

Do you have any pictures of the sensors? How are they powered?

I was considering getting an aftermarket solution, with sensors incorporated in the valve dust caps, but they do look a little large. You can also get tyre temperature from these systems - does the BMW TPMS provide this too?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Update - done some more research, and now have pics of the sensors. Seeing as these valve assemblies appear to be made from metal, rather than the normal (for non-US cars) rubber, I guess that the aftermarket valve cap sensors are also intended for these valve assemblies. My main concern about using these on rubber assemblies is the amount of stem “wobble” the extra weight would cause.

Last edited by Tony B; 04-20-2018 at 10:02 AM..
Appreciate 0