Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Congrats that's a clean winner! I bought my car from Carmax a month ago after having them ship it cross country and overall the experience was good except for front bumper drilling, but yours already has that! There have been a couple small issues that they are fixing via 30 day warranty and I bought the 75k mile warranty as well. I worked with two different sales people and it seems Carmax in general has no clue about these cars but as long as you do, you'll be fine. They sure are easy to work with though and how 'bout those warranty options!

Oh and don't bother with their financing. My FICO was 824 and they gave me 6.5% which was ridiculous and forced me to go to my credit union. Should have just done that in the first place apparently.
They just got the car this morning so they still have to do their inspection on it. I'm hoping it's ready first thing tomorrow. So you think the 75k mile warranty is worth it? Guess I'm just skeptical about their shop having experience with M3's. I'm also wondering if I can get them to pay for the dreaded rod bearings replacement under their 30 day warranty

I already got approved at a local credit union for 2.64% so happy about that.
Carmax will not pay for bearings for a few reasons. One is that they do not negotiate. The 2nd reason is why would they replace something that is in perfect working order. Bearings are either intact or toast. There is no in between. But if you could negotiate with them and get them to change out the bearings I am sure they would only replace them with OEM, which would defeat the purpose. Don't stress too much about the bearings, enjoy the car.
Appreciate 0