Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
No one will replace rod bearings unless there are signs that they are failing. I went with 75k and $150 deductible warranty for $2200 something. Pretty cheap IMO but 100k was like $3600, which I suppose is still reasonable. My car is a loaded 2012 E92 with 35k miles and Carmax price was $39k. Your car looks like it has less wear but mine is not bad at all.

I won't replace RBs until sometime after 50k and at 75k I'm happy to take over the overall risk. The way I understand the warranty is that you can take it directly to BMW after the 30 day initial warranty is up. If there are big ticket repairs, Carmax will send out someone to approve the costs. At least that's what I've read of people's experiences on BMW forums.

Oh, and have them remove the rear sticker when you pick up it. They'll do that.
I was being hopeful about them replacing the RBs but figured at 20k miles, I still have some time before I just get it done at PM. Warranty doesn't sound bad at all. Would any mods like exhaust, tune... void that warranty?

Thanks, I'll definitely ask them to remove that sticker!
If you have a rod bearing failure I'm sure they would try and find any excuse to not pay but not sure a tune is something that BMW will find or note to Carmax. I do know you better have good maintenance records since purchase though and don't ignore recommended services.
Appreciate 0