View Single Post
      12-06-2019, 12:56 PM   #718
coniman
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 '12

Hi again. I’ve finally received the swap unit after 1 month. The audio now sounds almost perfect, with lack of bass as we all know but quality is really good. At first I’ve used the wiring from the older box I’ve had, but it didn’t sound as good as I imagined . So I took the audio cables and cut them. My car has combox so I have to use the connector in the armrest, the audio cable that goes to the back of the radio was useless so I’ve removed it. Then I’ve soldered a new rca cable directly to the cables that come out from white connector. Removing that cable and using a good quality rca cable greatly improves the sound quality . Also you have to lower down the volume to 15 in the Limcet and to the 75% in the AUX settings of iDrive. I think that the cable coming from the back of the radio causes loss of quality and interferences because it’s spliced with the cable that goes to the AUX in the armrest.
Calls and Siri works fine for me, I’m using the supplied microphone placed above the mirror. The only thing that I can’t make to work it’s to automatically display CarPlay interface after starting the car. I have to press 8 every time.
BTW I’m having little connection drop outs, the sounds cuts for a milisecond, and if I go out of the car at 2-3 meters the connection drops. I think it’s because the lack of exterior antennas. I’m wondering if it’s posible to solder some antennas to the board

Last edited by coniman; 12-07-2019 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 0