04-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #10
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post
You guys are getting all confused again. No help from Fabspeed since the bolt on X pipe and HFC is not on their site.

There are two X pipe setups from them. One is what the OP got. The one on their website. This requires cutting since the stock cats are left intact. I don't see why one would worry about inspection since the primary cats are left in place.

The second one is what I have. They replace the primary cats with really nice high flow HJS cats. These are noticeable larger than the Encore ones. This is the main difference in the systems. No cutting at all. My stock exhaust is intact.

I did not know that the HFC from fabspeed are bolt on with the fabspeed x-pipe that's on the web page. I would have thought there was still some cutting to be done. I'll call them for details but do you have any pictures of your set up by chance? From what I'm gathering now is that the HFC you got from fabspeed bolt up right up to the x-pipe you bought also? So there for your OEM exhaust is still all intact but you can swop it out if need be? Just need some clearification on this. thanks,
Appreciate 0