12-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #25
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjork_duf View Post
Thanks for the response. I will be looking to purchase early '14. I need to get rid of two wheels sets from old cars prior to spending more money ;-)
Great! We'll be here.

Quote:
I think my wife is tired of the wheels stacks in the garage.
I feel ya. At one point I had 12 wheels/tires in my garage for my Z06. My wife was...umm...less than pleased at the time. You need to get creative with them. Hang some children's artwork on them or something. The simple goal is to make her forget that they are wheels & tires.
Quote:
One more stupid question: If I get these and track pads I should be able to go balls out at HDPEs without fear of cooking the brakes I assume? (20 min sessions) Of course I would swap to high temp fluid as well.
I have been holding back on braking because I don't fully trust the stock brakes at very high speeds.
Absolutely! That's exactly what they're designed to do...take a beating on track. Every piece of every component is designed to resist heat. All of the little details in the calipers and discs add up to superior air flow, heat resistance, etc. If you look on our blog and some of the links I provided above, you'll see tons of comments from our customers regarding their new-found confidence in their driving after installing our brake kit. I've been there, and worrying about or babying brakes is a miserable way to drive. There are too many other things to concentrate on out there...flaggers, traffic, etc...brakes shouldn't be one of them. That is what we're after with our setup.

Quote:
I'd like to be full speed before the Andretti hairpin ;-)
I'm confident we can make that happen.
Appreciate 0