View Single Post
      03-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #61
ThunderMoose
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: PY E46 M3 and SG E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Cage is half. No trailer or mode of towing it at this point. It may go further but doubt I will do wheel 2 wheel with this car. Something I will discuss with builder though next week.
If you do full carbon fiber roof, think about riveting it in versus bonding it in. I bought my CF roof from Chad in Arizona. He recommended that I rivet in case I had future cage work. I didn't take his advice and went ahead and bonded it on. Now, I am faced with possibly redoing roof when I go to full cage next year.

Personally, I would recommend just removing sunroof cassette and installing CF or steel plug versus full CF roof. You will still save a lot of weight.

If you put in half cage in, then you face the next problem which is you may not be able to carry tires in the back seat. It depends on how they tie the hoop together as to whether you'll be able to pass tires through

I installed a Westfalia removable hitch and built a harbor freight based tire trailer. Let me know if you get to that point and I'll send you my build sheet.

Denis
Appreciate 0