05-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
dirtyfreebooter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vespa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
I wouldn't use an orbital to apply sealant... you will waste a tone of product and I bet that was your issue. I would apply by hand. It should be VERY thin... not like a wax... thinner. Most sealants, in my opinion, would only need about a dime sized drop on the middle of an applicator pad for a 2' x 2' section of the car.

One product I have found that was easy to apply and remove was Menzerna Powerlock. Application reminded me of a wax. If you top it with a wax, wait until the sealant is fully cured (if it were me I would wait at least 12 hours or longer depending on the sealant). A wax isn't really needed unless you like the look. You can top a sealant with whatever wax you like looks wise and if you like the Pinnacle waxes, I'd stick with that.
Thanks. I'd try it by hand next time, and I'll probably try Powerlock, I've read some good things already from these forums on it. Griot's online video did it with an orbital, so I went with the orbital as well. I actually did the sealant yesterday, let it sit on for 1 hr (per instructions), wiped off, then today I did the wax, hoping that overnight was enough for the sealant to *seal* :-)
Appreciate 0