yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
At the end of the day, BMW engineers have been thinking about all this much more than any one of us have been, and they are more qualified--meaning they have fluid dynamics experts working on the problem. I have an understanding of fluid dynamics, but I am not an expert. I doubt that any of the posters on these threads are either. The point is, on a recent M car like the E9X, the only way one will achieve gains over the stock setup if one manages to identify and undo a trade-off that has been done by BMW engineers such as noise reduction. That is actually pretty much the basis of almost all engine modification for this car; to identify and undo the design trade-offs that have been made in the stock setup.
+1. It's hard sometimes to figure what the BMW engineers did sacrifice considering this is an M3 and not the standard 3 series.

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0