Banned
Rep
Drives: no torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalSE View Post
Not sure if already posted somewhere.

What has been your experience on the new BRP pavement relative to the 13CW configuration? X seconds faster, different race lines, potholes, etc.

Weather is getting cooler, and I am planning to run 13CW soon.:-)
I mentioned above that the new pavement is running 1-2 seconds faster for most people now that the new pavement is curing. Right after it was installed, it was slower, but now that its curing it's getting faster each time I go.

They laid 3" of pavement on top of the existing track. But they didn't increase the berms nearly as much, so the relative height of the berms is down. This makes Cotton Corners, Bus Stop, the Esses and Sunset easier to run over than they used to be.

Some spots on the track were not fantastic after the new pavement, but the track people have been grinding and grooming and sealing the spots they've been identifying as continued problems. It's smoothing things out, although I will say that Off Ramp was looking a bit odd last weekend. There was some white marks on it that just made it look beat up.

Anyway, as the weather continues to cool and the pavement cures further, I think even faster times are on the horizon. I was stuck at 1:57.5 for a year. In the last visit, I dropped to 1:55.1. I do think I'm approaching the track about .5 faster than I was before, and the track is around 2 seconds faster.
it did feel a lot grippier. not sure if it was going the wrong way but it did. or i was going too slow lol
Appreciate 0