09-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #78
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnombe View Post
Nice pic with ur 3er in the mirror! Do one real close showing only enough of the mirror frame to tell it's the M with the 3er in mirror then vice versa, should be fun

Oh so what does US car get in sound system?? Didn't know that's a diff
Great idea! I didn't even realize I had captured our 3'er in the pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq. View Post
The U.S. gets standard audio and "enhanced premium sound". We do not get the HK system as an option unless you can maybe get it through BMW individual.
The Canadian cars get the HK as standard and the Individual sound as an option. I can't figure out why there are all these differences between countries, but our cars in general have more standard equipment than the US cars, which compensates somewhat (although definitely not fully) for the 20% higher price we have to pay for our cars.

Anyhoo, the HK sound is just fine with me! Honestly though, I turn off my radio 95% of the time to listen to the engine, so I'm not sure it really matters in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peahi View Post
Amazing pictures everyone!!!

Congrats!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop View Post
Congrats on your new M! Great to hear that you're happy with the color. LOVE Azurite. I really appreciate your pictures--Azurite photos seem to be few and far between!

I'll be adding another 2013 Azurite M3 to the forums shortly! Doing a Euro Delivery in October.

It was a bit of a long road...first chose Azurite, then switched to Hellrot because I wanted something brighter/sportier. Then decided I needed to go a little more conservative and changed to Singapore Gray/Amarone/Piano.

But after everything, I couldn't stay away from Azurite. Decided to go Azurite/Rust/Piano. Loved the Singapore/Amarone combo, but thought it was a little too conservative for an M3 (better on an M5 perhaps). Anyway...getting very excited for Munich!
Wow, another Azurite!! That makes a total of 5 known that have posted on the boards (4 of whom were/are active on the boards, i.e. didn't just post a pic and then were gone)

But even more so, I similarly struggled with colors. Oh my gawd, did that give me a headache. I was all over the place.

I'm sure you have seen this video:

And these photos from the same vide/photo-shoot: http://www.autogespot.nl/gereden-bmw...mpetition-pack

It was what made me fall in love with Azurite in the first place.

I have also seen the rust brown in person with piano black (another former Canadian member's Individual car). I think your combo achieves the most what you're looking for. It would give it a very sporty, yet elegant look IMO.

I intend to start a thread later compiling all that I've found with regards to Azurite. I searched with the German spelling and UK sites and found most of my pictures/video that way. It's extremely hard to capture properly due to the sparkly pigments. But it is also a chameleon, in terms of the color it gives off.

I clipped a short video with my cell phone. Not a great camera of course, but it gives an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Picked up my 2013 a couple days ago. Gonna go on a canyon run this morning to get a feel for the car
Your car is beautiful!!!!! Love the color. MOAR pics, hehe

Woohoo, finally Longboarder!!