01-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #20
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
The question is, how much would you be willing to pay for this car?

I think the IS-F has a hard time against the M3 and I believe this car will be closer to the 6-figure range which will put it squarely in GT-R and Porsche territory. Pricing will ultimately determine the fate of this vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1M View Post
Looks great but isn't this $100k?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Is this really the rumored price? Who is paying $100k for this car?
This is a great question, but where are we getting this pricing info from? The current IS-F's MSRP is in the low to mid-60s, and a top of the line packaged model comes in at $68k. I can't see this inflating more than $10-12k model-to-model, so my uneducated guess would put this in the mid to high $70k range. If it's good around the corners and packs a solid powertrain and drivetrain, then holy hell what a deal.

Edit: I'll eat my shoe if this thing has a starting MSRP above $80k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDf10 View Post
I don't like it at all. Side profile looks like a Hyundai, and that "line" on the rear bumper looks out of place IMHO.
That's why I love this thing. It's like someone sketched out an aggressive concept, placed aggressive lines and plotted out the overall elements, then molded them into something that heavily relies on implied lines. It flows, but the connections are less forced and obvious than your typical sports coupe. I think it's a massive success, and I usually never say something like that about a (polarizing) modern car unveiling until I see one in person.

I don't see any connection to Hyundai's design language, aside from some basic trending placement of lines. The execution is entirely different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I feel your pain..., except I was saying that in the 90's...

Right!? I'm so glad that they stepped out of the carbon-copy world.
Appreciate 0