04-07-2020, 03:30 PM   #65
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Hi SYT,

while some believe BE have a mission from above to produce The Golden rod shell in order to save The Grand S65B40, I believe they are a business, which is nothing wrong. As such it is common to investigate competitive landscape by measuring their products and estimating function. Most businesses doesn’t advertise their result other than “better performance/consumption/efficiency…etc” than average, but never the less typically based on similar investigations.
I agree BE have done a massive effort in investigating competition shells and as it seems they all came out worse than BE.

The other manufacturers haven’t done similar investigations in order to establish clearance and its variation simply because it is not possible, other than calculating Max/Min/Nominal dimensions based on assumed crank dimension, which for instance ACL does. This is where I never quite agreed with BE’s advertising (their “Wiki” page is in my mind a sales tool, not the bible, again fine); Measuring 10-15 cranks gives a good indication but the way these individual results is meant to be interpreted as a specification – i.e. valid for all engines – is obviously not possible. I also never understood the way BE come to “nominal” clearance but different story ( https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...1504908&page=3).

I’d probably would have BE if they could deliver when I replaced mine, maybe a tad lower price would have made me wait. So yes I believe they have a good product and yes I acknowledge their binning and matching to be a superior step in final testing. The hype and close to aggressive marketing makes me wonder though. When people are telling me I’m an idiot for not agreeing it makes me suspicious rather than convinced.

No harm meant - Cheers mate
BE are the people behind the theory that the extra-worn shells that come out of S65s is due to insufficient clearance.
They back that up with a massive amount of data. They are the only people to present data.

If one thinks BE is fishy or not trustworthy, does that mean they do not believe that there is insufficient clearance from the factory? That's fine by me. However I have lots of trouble understanding people criticizing BE -who provides data- but supporting other manufacturers that don't seem to know themselves what they sell.

Personally I think BE sells their bearings way too cheap. I'd charge 1k for the shells. When companies with blatant disregard for what they send -VAC I'm looking at you- charge the same as BE and get business anyway, well, something is wrong with the universe.

Cheers mate. Danny
Appreciate 0