View Single Post
      11-05-2018, 11:04 AM   #1
sojirovs
Private
Rep
Drives: '13 zcp m3, 04 s2000

Budget track setup

I just had my first track session with M3 2 weeks ago which I had a blast, the only change was Motul brake fluid to find out what I need for next track day.
I plan to track 4 time per year under 90F degree. My main concern is to have fun at track while safe and improve my driving skill.
I have prioritized my needs, can you guys review please? If you think I need to modify the order, I'd appreciate any inputs.

1. Schroth Quickfit pro (4 point) - My body was sliding left and right at every corner, even with max side bolster. Definitely getting this.
2. Brake fluid - done with Motul. Will use Castrol next time. Brake felt mushy towards the end of each session (around @12-13 min / 20 minutes per session). Endless seems to be better, but I'll try Castrol first.
3. SS line - many say it's not needed. Hold off as of now
4. Brake - plan on ordering Project Mu HC-CS pads, but many say going with BBK front only will save more money in long run... This is the hardest decision among all. Should I try pads first?
5. Rod bearing - plan on doing next summer as car is still under CPO.

#1-4 I think they are necessity before next session and #6-7 plan to do by next spring #8-10 no plan yet

6. Rims - Wish I had just a little bit more traction but stock size MPS4S was good enough. Considering Apex rims. Debating: leaning toward staggered 19' 265/285 because they look better than square, but considering 18' 275 square to save money on rubber. I'm not sure how they'll look on stock zcp suspension.
7. Mode carbon GT wing and front lip - any alternative GT wing at this size (I'd prefer small size GT wing) with less price? I saw many other vendors sell front lips at cheaper price, do they hold well at track?
8. Coilover - I was surprised with stock zcp MDM. I found no needs to upgrade yet.
9. Cooler - engine oil and/or DCT? Is this necessary at my skill level?
10. Euro MDM and/or DCT tune?
Anything else to add? Thanks!
Appreciate 0