View Single Post
      08-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #139
druheezy
Peon and General Shoveabout
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricfutures View Post
Thanks for the quote, not sure if the ext maintenance this is worth it for me. I do plan on keeping this car for a long time. Perhaps someone can lean in and offer some advice.

2008 coupe /w 37k
I avg about 10k per year
have not had my brakes done yet
40k service is just around the corner

Need to decide by 8/22/12

Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by druheezy View Post
From what I was explained, it includes brakes (rotors and pads), plug changes, and if you have a manual transmission, a one-time clutch replacement "due to normal wear-and-tear". Their verbiage, not mine. For me, it's worth the money as front brakes are $1600 and rear brakes are $1200. I can grease monkey it, but I have better things to do with my time like make money and spend time with friends and family. Just one man's opinion.
This is an excerpt from one of my previous posts regarding the simple CBA I applied before committing to the Extended Maintenance through 100K miles or 6 years (whichever comes first). I am at 46K through year 4 so I will probably hit the 6 year mark before the 100K. I like this Maintenance Plan because I pay zero anytime I service my car. Brakes should be replaced around 50K so if you can get one in under the original factory maintenance plan, you can theoretically increase the cost benefit. Plug changes are about $300 as well and you will need those. In summary, (1) brake job front & rear, and plug changes and the Extended Maintenance Plan pays for itself.
Appreciate 0