View Single Post
      03-26-2022, 03:56 AM   #606
danbav
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 330i, 335i. Golf GTI mk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahheadlock View Post
yeah have tried that also, although not with as much focus as the actual idrive unit. i'll try again tomorrow and see how much more i can jam the oem idrive plug in the harness, but i am fairly confident i had that in there as far as it could go also.

-checked it-

that is definitely in there as far as it can go also. checked the connector at the top of the chain too, where it connects to the harness that goes to the p2000 box. that is fine too.

I haven't coded anything yet, my car does not have the stacker. Is coding required before the iDrive controller works perhaps?

so far no response from using the contact form on the website - i dont suppose anyone has an alternate contact for support?
You can send a WhatsApp to support on +852 9718 0288 or the link from their main page using a mobile. They have always responded within 48 hours. I also did not have the cd stack unit. Had to code the cd changer to mp3 to be able to see and switch to mr12volt in the idrive menu but the idrive controller worked fine to control the stock system before I coded that.

Mine was hard to push in all the way but did get a click once inserted. I would suspect a cable fault if plugs are def in all the way. I’ve installed in 3 cars now and this is been a hard push in every one of them. Feels in but it isnt fully home. For me it was the connector that went into the bottom of the CIC controller.

If your stock idrive system control is not working with the piggyback cable inserted but does when directly connected then it is most likely to be the cable or connector not inserted fully. This is just an extension cable with piggyback tails to mr12volt so stock should be fine with no coding.

One thing to test is if you leave the piggy back lead connected between the car and the controller but leave the connection out of the mr12volt unit does your stock system work?

If not then will be the piggy back cable or connectors between the car harness and the CIC controller. Meter out the cable and check for continuity and potential shorts between the connectors and terminals. Use something (non conductive) to measure the depth of the connector socket (ie wooden toothpick) and mark the plug at the same depth to check correct insertion on each connector.

If it does work then perhaps mr12volt unit is faulty, but again check the connections carefully. Inspect the harness thoroughly for any damage to the cables.

Hope that makes sense and helps.
Appreciate 0