View Single Post
      03-24-2022, 06:51 PM   #600
ahheadlock
Rep
Drives: f10 535d, E46 M3

Hi All

I installed one of these in my F10 and I cannot get the iDrive (CIC) controller to work.

I have pushed the thing in as far and hard as it will go. I 100% guarantee it cannot go any further, i have done actual physical damage to the male plug on the supplied loom trying to get this thing to push in further lol (broke off the side tab).

I've re-done the connection maybe 15 times now, making sure to push hard and yes there is an audible click. Both connectors (oem to harness and harness to idrive controller) are as far as in as I can get them to go.

The screen powers up and there is audio from the radio, but the iDrive controller just refuses to work.

I have tried different dipswitch settings (all off, and with the switch set to "F01 model") - rebooting the radio each time. No change in behaviour.

I have reconnected all the factory OEM wiring to how it was prior to install to ensure the actual iDrive controller works - it is fine when i set it back to stock.

Apart from "push it in harder", which I promise is not possible without completely destroying something - is there anything else I can try to get this thing working?
Appreciate 0