12-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #15
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
well ESSex i can really really see the thought thats gone into this, imo the AP racing units are as good as they get, mclaren uses pretty much identical caliper on the mp4, the rotor tech is again awesome, as a uk owner thats actually been the the AP factory, had a tour and spoken to the techs, im so pleased these are on my car...... reguarly see my rotors glowing on the track and they have never let me down ONCE..... I do agree on the pad knock noise going from reverse the forward, its only minor and this is the only instance i hear knocks from the system.... the rotors are kinda noisey tho.... againnot something that bothers me and i love the mechanical whir noise!! lol!!

incredible breaking system and very very well done for really putting in the research, really nice to see a proper non bling track item, but come on.... they still look awesome!! owners can simply paint the calliper if they want and have the best of both..

whats your recommendation for a good track pad that doesnt rot wheels and scar the paint with its material once turned to dust???
Thank you very much. We've definitely put a good bit of time into figuring out the proper product for the platform.

Agreed on how these kits look on cars. They aren't totally flash, but they look fairly awsome IMO. They certainly look way cooler than the OEM bits! Here they are on a Corvette C6 Z06:

Different wheels:

Here are the rears:

As for track pads, I like the Ferodo DS1.11. They are a great endurance compound with good bite, linear torque curve, good wear rates, and they don't eat your discs. We will have these available in the proper shapes for our front and rear kits...from our website:

The DS1.11 is one of Ferodo's latest race pad offerings. It has slightly less bite at high temps. vs the DS3000, but doesn't decompose nearly as quickly under extended heavy use on the track. The DS1.11 is known for its extremely flat torque curve, which means that as temperatures go up, the response through the brake pedal remains consistent. If you want a pad that you can thrash all day without having it burn up or fade, the DS1.11 is a great choice
Appreciate 0