View Single Post
      02-24-2020, 10:46 AM   #39
Space Fox
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 Space Grey e92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Keeping the small details train rolling with some missing/broken OEM replacement parts and little touches to finish the exterior.

IND painted key hole cover

Powered by M license plate cover

New gas cap (original tether broke and they only sell as a set), replacement oil filter lock, and ///M oil filler cap

Figured I'd replace my missing BMW wrench while I'm at it to complete the OEM tool kit:

Some of this is silly stuff but it feels right to have the car back with its original equipment. Still looking for an OEM Manual if anyone has a spare laying around!

Going to pause for a moment and address some maintenance items here shortly. The cars service records indicate "spark plugs cleaned" at 30,995 miles. I thought that was odd that they were cleaned rather than replaced - maybe they weren't in terrible shape. That being said the car now sits at 46,000 miles so if I am truly still on the original set of plugs I think it's time to change them out - a project I plan to tackle on my own. The car has been running spectacularly well and my Blackstone analyses have been coming back with flying colors but I'm still planning on having the bearings replaced here in the near future as there's no indication of the previous owner having done the job.

As far as future mods go I am eyeing a GTS front lip (keep going back and forth). Other than that I'm pretty happy with the car cosmetically. I am looking to have Alex @ Alpine do some coding - most importantly coding in Euro MDM to liven the car up a bit. I will be tracking the car again in April this time up at the FIRM in north Florida. With that said if I continue down this road I'm looking at the Brembro front caliper set from Freaky Parts. My 'home' track is Sebring and the heavy braking areas really take a toll on the stock set up. Would love to at least have some increased confidence in the front brakes as I feel these cars use 90% front brakes anyhow.

Not the most exciting update but wanted to document some of this as I hone in on things. So happy with this car.

Also going to meet up with a local photographer to have some proper photos done, my iPhone 7 is just not cutting it these days!
Appreciate 1
Not Sure212.50