01-15-2020, 07:38 PM   #30
Evo13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantp View Post
Some updates:

Installed aFe Stage II Carbon Intake - love the induction noise and how it looks in the engine bay. I probably wouldn't have bought it if it had not been on black Friday sale for $320.

Also installed Alpine Stage I ECU software and GTS DCT tune. The DCT tune is remarkable - easily one of the best mods I've done so far. Engine software I assume has improved performance but honestly it's difficult to tell.

Lastly, installed spacers over the weekend - 12mm up front and 10mm in the back. I love the fitment as it fills out the wheel wells beautifully. I am trying to stay OEM+ where possible so I steered away from the aggressive 18/15 most run. I am running in to some steering vibration at ~80mph however.. I was careful to clean hubs, wheels, and rotor hat prior to installing but still having issues. I removed the fronts last night after work and noticed some of the anti-seize I used coated the back of the spacer - I re-cleaned the spacer and rotor hat of anti-seize and it helped but still some vibration. Time to remove the rear and do the same tonight. Crossing my fingers this resolves my problem as now I'm in love with the way the car sits...
Looks great, congrats! What brand spacers did you go with? Only asking because I too am thinking about throwing spacers on my new to me M3 and did a lot of research, but I think Im gonna go with the Future Classic Wheel Spacers after watching Obsessed Garages install video.

Also, I read on here 10mm spacers should not used as they dont fit properly.

(source: https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...84&postcount=5)

Last edited by Evo13; 01-15-2020 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: format
Appreciate 1