08-17-2018, 05:43 PM   #30
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswy6 View Post
Thank you! Can you reset DCT adaptation as well through that software? My DCT is starting to act very weird so i am getting worried lol
Yes you can, but I didn't bother readapting.
The DCT is known to be weird but don't worry its a bulletproof transmission as long as you are not using launch control and supercharging your car.
I've seen DCT cars with near 100,000 miles and virtually they work the same since day one, just as jerky and leaky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda View Post
Thanks. Can u share what torx wrench you used to tackle the two upper bolts as well? I want to try to avoid dropping the transmission box
You just basically need a torx wrench that is slim enough to reach the top bolts. You just basically make your own tools. It's an m6 head, and it doesn't require much torque to crank it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswy6 View Post
Can you please record a full DIY on this? Especially if you are replacing the side pan gasket
Sorry there's no way I can make a DIY on this. I've already had it done on the car with a help of a mechanic friend and I don't plan on doing it again unless it leaks!
Anyone who is handy with their tools can be able to do this.
Appreciate 0