View Single Post
      04-11-2018, 07:45 PM   #64
EricSMG
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
In a couple months I'll be able to do back to back comparisons of the oem zcp + gc camber plates vs bilstein b12 non edc + gc camber plates

Very curious about the handling difference between both
Great thread, right up my alley.

To be honest, I'm just not a fan of the standard EDC shock valving. I think comfort is a bit choppy over small/quick rollers and quite harsh over sharp edges (like a deep manhole cover). BUT - it's a bit too floaty at higher speeds. Normal mode is too stiff for city use and Sport is simply useless in my world 99% of the time.

What I want is plush control, like the B12k it gave me on the 46M. I've considered the Dinan springs/kit but that leaves me with the same EDC dampers which I don't really like. I've also considered the ZCP springs for that subtle drop (purely looks) but again..... the dampers are my problem. I've considered the Ohlins RT but I wasn't a fan of those on the 46M.

So, like you, Danny, I'm really considering the B12 kit for this car. Have you personally run/tried this kit? How does it feel compared to a 30k mile bone stock non-ZCP EDC car?

How about the Billy EDC dampers + ZCP/Dinan/Eibachs springs? Anyone try that setup?
Appreciate 0