View Single Post
      03-03-2021, 04:02 PM   #25
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inPHX View Post
DO NOT under any circumstances buy a 2015-current C300, I don’t know what the engine code is but stay away from any MB with a 300 engine from the mid 2010s onwards. I don’t even know if they’ve solved the issue yet. The engine has a known exploding problem and MB refuses to put an extended warranty on it. I couldn’t walk through the shop without there being a 300-C,E, and all the other models with that engine-having a new engine put in. We had a tech dedicated to replacing them, which is good for him since he can get through a 20+ hr job pretty quick cuz he did so many. There were usually several crates around the shop with new engines waiting for someone to come in to have it installed. Luckily all of them except one guy had either the new warranty or CPO, it cost the guy $9500 to replace one fucking piston.
FYI, my neighbor is lemon lawing his C300 thanks to this issue :

https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2...-reached.shtml

So if she's sensitive to mold or will be transporting people / kids who are, I'd stay away from the Benz.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
E92inNC1709.50