View Single Post
      07-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
camaross305
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

DIY Elite Angels

THOSE WITH PRE-MARCH 2007 CONTACT ME FIRST!!!

Total install on the plug and plays is about 15-20 min. Very easy with simple tools.

Tools

alll you need is

1. 10mm socket
2. 13mm socket
3. zip ties (provided) scissors to cut the excess
4. flat head screw driver

Before you even start as a note. The circuit it self is kinda fragile just be careful not to drop it or break any of the components.

1. First off disconnect your battery in the trunk. (if you dont know how to do this there is a few DIY on it)

2. Next remove the plastic cover that is over the positive post shown here
here is where it is located in the engine bay

Here is the cover up close

should look like this after removed

3. Next unscrew the bolt shown in the pic above with a 13mm socket

4. Take the thick red wire that looks like the one shown bellow with the ring terminal on it from the harness and attach it to the threaded shaft and bolt down the connection like shown above. Make sure it is pointing down so the plastic cover goes back on

5. As for the ground. You will see a few grounds behind the windshield fill neck. Put the ground wire on one of these ground posts

6. Run the wire in the wire behind the winshield washer tank neck and route it as shown. I put some wire loom to make it look cleaner. After running the wire this is how it should look

7. Next open the lid that contains your halo's bulb. Lift the tab as shown.

8. Next located the stock bulb you can see it here in the headlight are after the lid is removed

Twist it counter clockwise and pull it out like so.

Disconnect the factory wiring harness from it

Next put in the new GP bulb on to the wiring harness (only goes one way)

Its going to take some twisting and turning around to get the bulb with the wiring harness on it to fit but trust me it fits.

Make sure you leave the plugs from the harness outside of the cannister so the lid can go back on. Run the wires comming from the circuit in the same fashion. I notched my lid in the back as shown to be able to run the wires out. You dont have to notched your lid though.

I repeat its not required to notch your lid the wires will fit running out the back witout notching it will just pinch the wires slightly but its ok.

Just make sure if you do want to notch your lid you dont cut the actual rubber seal

This is how i placed the wires toward the back of the lid so you dont see the wires

9. Connect the circuit with the plug and play connectors. The yellow wire on my white plug and play plug hould be connected to the yellow wire on the factory plug like this.

Dont mind the picture its just the plug in the picture is black and the one you have is white. Just makes sure yellow goes to yellow and the blue wire on MY plug goes to the brown ones on the car.

PLEASE NOTE: some of you depending on your build date ( i believe there is only two or so. I marked your kit deferently with making tape tags. Please if your kit is marked obey those tags. Only a very few should be this way (pre march 2007 builds)

10. Then connect the connectors coming out of the circuit. One will be red and the other black. They will both be female. Connect the black to the black and the other two connectors togethger

11. Then run the other longer of the plug and play plugs that plugs into your bulb of choice shown in between the top of the fan shroud and under the cover.

12. Repeat the same process for taking off the lid exposing the old bulb, taking out the bulb etc. Put in the new bulb on the other side and hook up the plug from the harness to the bulb.

Lastly Place the resistor i supplied into the stock plug with the plug and play connector. Make sure yellow wire from my plug and the yellow wire (positive) from the car are connected on the same size

yours will be white dont forget

13. Lastly check all your connections and start up your car. Take a look and make sure your all done. WALLA! your done. Just tidy up your wires and zip tie any hanging wires.

Here is the final look at the engine compartment. Looks stock and you wouldnt even know there is anything new if you didnt know to look for it Enjoy your new super bright halos!!!

Disclaimer: Im not responsible for any miss wiring or faulty connections and any damage that may occur from someone besides me installing this kit. Install at your own risk!

Last edited by camaross305; 07-08-2009 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 0