Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C63 BS; LC500; F Pace SVR; P8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrAcK TRaP View Post
What a lovely ride. Congrats..
Thanks.

Now that I’ve put about 3k miles on the car, a few observations:

-Love the creature comforts like power assisted trunk closing and opening, keyless start and blue tooth phone (was missing in my last e92); auto LED high beams; heads up display. The interior is a really nice place to be in.
-I prefer I-drive over the Command system in the AMG. The AMG’s system is fast with beautiful graphics but its logic in operation is strange. I miss the split screen feature in I-drive.
-The car feels supreme at high speed. The faster I go, the more stable it gets. My f-type feels a bit sketchy above 90mph, where this remains planted into triple digits speed. Must be the AMG’s DNA as well as the solid built, which, bring me to the next point….
…..It feels heavy on turns unlike the way that my e92 felt light in them. Not to the point of being unenjoyable or scary, just noticeable. I have the same confident in this as I did in my e92 on the windy roads around here but I can feel the mass.
-Accelerations feel relentless with torque everywhere. I’m no longer worry about being in the right gear to pass a car, or coming onto to a merge from a stop light.
-The CC brakes give great feels and can stops in unbelievable distances. Made me realized how bad our e9x stock brakes were.
-Styling is growing on me more and more. It looks elegantly aggressive and is a huge hit with the by standers. People keep compliment me on how good it looks (I think they meant expensive). However, the e92 was/is the better design and looking car in my eyes and heart.
-It makes great daily driver allowing me to blend into traffic when needed yet can step out and have fun when I’m on a two-lane road.
-Driving in Comfort mode with a conscientious right foot yields 20-23mpg in normal driving. Go into Sport+ or Race modes to play with the gas peddle for crackles and pops in the exhaust and it can drop to 14mpg quickly.
-The transmission will hold gear, every gear, until redline in Race mode when it’s in auto. This reminds me most of the e92 engine characteristics when revving to 8k rpm. If one likes to draw attention with loud exhaust sounds driving through a parking lot, this is the best and easiest way to do so.
-I think it’s comical that I often get wheel spins going in reverse backing down my driveway.
A few more pics:
Attached Images

Last edited by Petlizard; 10-20-2017 at 10:02 AM..
Appreciate 1
65fastback1137.00