04-06-2021, 09:44 AM   #1776
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
Curious about tailgaters. Other day I was on a 2 lane country road headed to town. Speed limit is 45 and I usually set cruise control to 52 and so far it has worked no tickets here even when I do pass a radar trap. Mind you it is the kind of road you really would like to rev it up on. No houses or cross streets for miles and nice bends. But, I like my license so....

Other day I am happily set on 52 when a Jeep Wrangler or some such thing comes up and glues himself to my bumper. I leave the CC on and just keep going. He has a few opportunities to pass (at least if he was driving my car) and is still there. Finally, about 1 mile from town, get gets a big enough gap and passes me pulling a trailer with a sofa on it. That was why he couldn't pass before. No power and needed a bigger gap.

So I'm curious if you ever stop anyone for tail gating? Is it illegal?

Lastly I am proud I didn't give in to the urge to run the a$$hole off the road. That little demon of anger is still there.
Tailgating is cited as an infraction under CVC 21703 (...among others). Tailgating is often an additional factor in collisions and I have cited people for that many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
It looks like Chauvin is going down, all the way.
What stands out to me the most is the way the Blue Wall of Silence has broken, unlike in cases of Eric Garner, etc. Good.

Murf
Not to say I agree, or not, but don't forget he hasn't had his say yet. His defense hasn't had it's turn yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheels View Post
Not to say I agree, or not, but don't forget he hasn't had his say yet. His defense hasn't had it's turn yet.
Yup, all the defence needs to do is convince one juror.
Agreed!!....and I think that may happen.
Appreciate 0