View Single Post
      01-21-2020, 11:30 AM   #5038
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
The struggle is real. It has happened to me many times at Starbucks, local grocery stores. I'll hand over the bill(s), the cashier enters the bill amount in and then they freeze when I give them some change too. Even something as simple as me giving them a quarter for something that was say $11.25.
I was a retail manager for years. Day one of training consisted of teaching my employees how to count change back to people. I used to fuss at them for using the point of sale system to count change. Not making excuses for the individuals who are guilty here, but aside from lack of motivation/drive, the commonality of everyone using debit cards these days, I feel, has attributed to this lazy mindset. Much how like CD's created the issue of no one knowing what the title of a song was but everyone knew what track number it was on the CD and much like how no one knows anyone else's phone number anymore because it's stored in our cell phones. Smart devices and technology continue to make us less intelligent, lazy and dependent on our devices to make it through the day.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go15762.50