Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
This I am in 100% agreement with. Until you treat me otherwise, I will ALWAYS give you the benefit of the doubt.
and I do the same with cops
I'm courteous and polite, but when the cop starts giving me attitude like "what's your hurry buddy?" and I was 1km/h over the speed limit.. I ask myself why is he being a dick to me? It is a human mistake.

that is what goes through our head, I said nothing wrong to him, I have my windows down, lights on, engine off and license and registration ready by the time he is at my window and greet him with a "good evening officer" or whatever.
I never throw the "don't you have anything better to do?" line, but I sure as hell think it when he starts making condescending comments.

Respect is a two way street. Cops don't deserve it because they wear a badge and spend all day hiding on a highway. I've only had 2 officers actually call me "sir". It is respect, I call you officer you call me sir. a cop wouldn't like it if I called him "popo" or "oinky" and as such I don't appreciate them calling me "buddy".

My neighborhood in N.A. is full of old retired people and wealthy people. It isn't like they put up with a bunch of thugs. (Nun's Island for those who live in Montreal)

I never said I was innocent of traffic violations either. However I do make an effort to not speed when I am in a country that doesn't tolerate it (Lebanon has no speed limit).